Thursday, March 24, 2011

NYC Windows

One of my favorite things to do in New York City
is look at all the fabulous and creative window displays.
I could kick myself for not taking the time to take a picture
of a window at Tiffany's when I was in NYC for the first
time in November, 2009.  It was a huge white peacock
decked out in Tiffany's blue colors and ready for Christmas.

So this time around, I made sure I snapped pics of the
window displays that stopped me in my tracks.

Here's one of my favorites.
A wedding dress made out of wedding invitations.
I took a picture of another wedding dress similar to this,
but they had punched circles out of the invitations and 
layered them into a dress.  So cute!  But I can't find it.
I'll keep looking.

This window was in a store on 5th Avenue.  Paige and I
love the light hanging here, but it's a little hard to see :(.
We snapped this pic after we left the Metropolitan Museum
of Art and were on our way to meet back up with Grant
and Brett who had snuck off to watch basketball.
MAYBE March madness season isn't a good time to
take a vacation with my boys.  Maybe.

This window was so cool in person.  The tree is painted
 on a piece of white paper that is set behind the brown paper
that has a cutout of the tree to peek through.  The ladder is on
another piece of paper that is hung seperately. 


1 comment:

  1. Loved the robot! I am stopping by from Bloggy Moms to say hello and make new friends.

    http://www.ourbananamoments.com

    My fan page - http://www.facebook.com/ourbananamoments

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete