Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TV Tray Makeover

Sometimes when I'm sewing or crafting
and I need to iron just a little something,
I hate to drag out my ironing board.

So I stole an idea off www.pinterest.com
and made a little ironing board for my little projects.


I happened to have an $8 TV tray that
I had picked up at Wal-Mart a couple
weeks ago.  I had something else in mind
for it, but I'll get another one and work on that later.

 I used one bag of natural cotton batting
and less than 1/2 yard of heavy decorative fabric.

 I cut 4 layers of batting a little bigger than the
top of the tray, placed the tray on top of them
and trimmed the corners to get rid of some bulk.
Then I stapled away.

The fabric came next.  I wish I had been more
careful about centering the design of this fabric
on the tray, but oh well!  It's not like I won't change
it sooner or later anyways.  That's why I stapled it
on seperately from the batting.

 I don't know if you can see it in this picture,
but at the bottom the iron is a little label that
says CRAFTS.  I have ruined many a nice
iron as I've melted some craft project or another
 onto it, so now I have a CRAFTS iron
and a CLOTHES iron.
Don't you love the height of this ironing tray?
I can set it right beside my craft/sewing table
and iron away in the middle of a project.

3 comments:

  1. I have this little project pegged for my basement craft room. My laundry room will be upstairs and I don't foresee myself carrying the ironing board up and down the stairs! LOVE that fabric and if you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have noticed the way it was spaced. Once again, GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - I think I grabbed that idea off one of your Pinterest boards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, especially about not taking up much room! That would be so handy. :)

    ReplyDelete