Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jello In A Jar

Hart decided he wanted to take
rainbow jello for his birthday treat.
I looked for some small, clear plastic
cups to use.  I found some that were
the perfect size, but the wrong "color".
 Then I found some that were crystal clear,
but they were too big.  So I decided to
make his lovely teacher cringe and make the
jello in little glass jars instead of something
that she could just pitch into the trash.

Sorry, Mrs. Richardson! 
I promise I'll make it up to you.


Hart + 21 jello jars = HAPPINESS!


Can you see the rainbow?  Next time I'll leave out the orange
layer and add in a yellow layer.  I just wasn't sure how many
second graders like lemon jello.  It only took one small box of
each color to fill 21 jars.  I used red, orange, green, blue and purple jello.


I punched out paper circles to add a little fun.


And then to add more fun, I printed out jokes to tie onto the spoons.


I hope they like them. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Kelly was telling me about these and I just knew that Hart must have a small class size, but oh no, it is the same size as Preston's! I sure hope the kids liked it....you need to post an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be in 2nd grade--how cool!

    ReplyDelete