Thursday, February 3, 2011

Onion Goggles

I've tried EveRYthiNg to be able cut an onion without crying and nothing ever worked.  Until...I was desperate for chopped onion one day when Grant wasn't at home to chop, chop, chop for me.  One lonely pair of ski goggles had made it in from the Suburban from our December ski trip and landed in the mudroom instead of the goggle tub.  Yay for me!  I stuck them on, said a quick prayer and started chopping.  NO TEARS!  No burning eyes.  No running from the room like I was on fire to gulp non-oniony air.  Now my precious onion goggles rest on a shelf by my sink and I put onion in almost everything I cook right now...because I can.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I used scuba goggles last week after you inspired me. Keith was a little concerned about my sanity when he walked in and saw me. Keaton thinks you're a genius because "Mommy's not crying now!" I still think you should bedazzle some. I'd buy a pair.

    ReplyDelete