Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beautiful!

A good friend celebrated her birthday on February 11th and I was out of town, 
so her gifts from me are coming in a three-part series.  #1 was a birthday card
mailed in a timely manner (NOT one of my gifts and talents).  #2 was a magazine
entitled "Life:Beautiful" and some pretty tulips.  #3 is yet to be determined.

"Life:Beautiful" is a magazine for Christian women filled with a variety of topics.
The winter issue contained essays from gifted Christian writers, craft ideas,
business success stories, recipes (I think) and lots of scripture.  But how does
one make a magazine a fun gift to receive?  It's all in the presentation:
I wrapped it in two pieces of tissue paper - a piece of light blue over a piece
with a pretty blue pattern.  Then I copied a quote out of a book, taped it on,
and topped it all off with a netting bow.


For a pretty vase for some simple tulips, I covered a clear glass vase with 
part of a sweater's sleeve.  I just cut the sleeve the same length as the vase
and slipped it over.  I hot glued the bottom edge of the sleeve to the vase
to hold it in place.  Then I decided it needed a little something more.
I printed out Ecclesiastes 3:11 on some pretty paper, glued the paper to 
some fun ribbon and tied the whole thing around the vase.  It was fun to 
find a verse to go along with my theme of "Beautiful".  
'God has made everything beautiful in its time'


Happy Birthday, beautiful friend!

1 comment:

  1. You are brilliant, my friend, and an inspiration to reuse things we have around the house! What a breath of fresh air in this throw away society. See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete