Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mug Shots

I love cute mugs.  Almost as much as I love the coffee that I put in them.
  And doesn't coffee seem to taste even better in a cute mug?

Here are a few of my favorites.

I love my sheep mug - a good friend gave it to me. 
The verse on it is Ephesians 2:10.
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do"

LOVE a girly K-State mug, and the Dylan's mug
is from my first (but not last) trip to NYC.



The peacock mug reminds of a lady I loved dearly as a young child - I called her "Nanny"
and thought she was my grandma.  She had beautiful peacocks roaming around
her quiet Oklahoma property and I loved to treasure-hunt for their feathers.
  She used to rock me to sleep, even after I was way too big to rock to sleep.

Starbucks Christmas cup - 'nuff said.

I bought my Cinderella cup on a shopping trip with my dear friend Beth, who I miss so much.  It says "I dreamt that my whole castle was clean."
  You and me both, sister!

Pumpkins - Cuz, you know, we have a pumpkin patch.
  I carry that mug out to the barn every week day in October
so I can sip my coffee in between field trips.




 I gave this mug to Grant last year on Valentine's Day. 
We were at Winter Park and I fell in love with it at the Starbucks in the Village.
  The kids thought it was hilarious that I gave Grant this mug - because
they knew who it was really for. 
Grant felt bad (for a second) when I handed him a gift to unwrap,
because we had agreed not to exchange gifts.  I use it almost every day.
  It might be my favorite.




We happened to be at Winter Park for Valentine's Day this year too.  
So not to break tradition, I bought "Grant" another mug.
I think he had a clue what it was when he found it
wrapped up in front of the coffee maker that morning.
I'm breaking it in for him today.  What can I say?  I'm a giver!


1 comment:

  1. So, how do you choose which mug gets used today?! I love mugs, too, but usually am not coherent enough at the time of my first cup of joe to know or care what holds the java. lol
    Cute mugs at your house!

    ReplyDelete