Thursday, September 1, 2011

Before & After Dresser

Remember this?  From a long time ago?
Well, I finally got it painted and 
moved into Paige's room
She was SO happy!

Much better, huh?
I ended up using some awesome
spray paint - a kind that covers plastic.
So I didn't have to do any sanding - YAY!
I used satin instead of gloss.
I'll probably haul it out and 
put a coat of white gloss on it sometime.
We put some plastic placemats on top
to protect the paint.  The color matches
her walls and the design matches her headboard.

 I picked up the knobs and handles
at Tuesday Morning for about
a dollar a piece.  :)  :)

Paige's "new" dresser looks great with
her Craigslist bed.


Want to see my latest "before" treasure?
I picked it up at a yard sale yesterday.
I was going to line it with a burlap
potato sack that I have, but it
wasn't quite big enough.
So now I'm thinking about
spray painting it a fun color.
Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. The dresser looks great! On that cart thing, maybe a nice, cheerful country red?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresser. .made a world of difference! If you can sew. .or know someone who can, it would make a cute clothes hamper. .a dream to wheel that sucker around the house picking up stray laundry. .I hope you have stray laundry. .or I'm sending you my kids to train too ;-)Will be interested to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete