Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Old Table

I love to use old things for new purposes.
Last week I moved an old table in from my 
porch to give me some extra countertop space
to bake and frost some cupcakes.

I was getting ready to shove it back onto the
porch when I realized how much Tate uses
it when he's "helping" me in the kitchen.



Whipping up scrambled eggs for lunch.


I found a sturdy little stool in an antique store
that is perfect for my kitchen.  I was excited to
bring it home and move the little chair that we
had been using for a stool down to our stair
landing.  It had a friend waiting for it and they
were going to look so cute sitting on either 
side of an antique mirror that I bought years 
ago when we lived down by Tulsa.

I'm thinking about painting and adding 
some decorative paper to the top,
but I kind of like the old roosters.

There's just one little problem.
Tate REFUSES to stand on it.

To quote him:
"I don't like it."
"I'm not going to stand on it."
"I'm NEVER going to get used to it!"

All righty then!

The chair it is.
For now.

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking I would like to have an old table like that to use. It's just a matter of finding the perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like furniture that has "character." :)

    ReplyDelete