Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Camera Strap

I picked up a camera to give to the
1st grade teachers at SES.
A plain black camera in
a plain black bag.
Boring!
So I spent a little time this morning
making a fun camera strap
and a couple fabric flowers
to jazz things up a bit.

Wanna see?




I ironed fusible felt onto the fabric before
I folded it in half to sew it closed.
It gives it a little stiffness and body.

Instead of covering the existing strap, I cut it
off the end pieces and sewed the new
strap right on.

I used a  couple strips of fabric to make the flowers.
The camera case is too hard to put a pin through,
so I'm going to glue them right on.

Here's my first attempt at a camera strap.
I just put my fabric right sides together, sewed
the long edge closed to make a tube, turned it
right side out and then slipped it over my camera's
strap.  I'm going to make a new one with a ruffle
and I'll definitely use the fusible felt next time.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the camaera straps. That's a nice idea to make them more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--you are spoiling us--I can't wait to take some fun 1st grade pics!

    ReplyDelete