Monday, April 11, 2011

Gift Card Case

Hope was in the SES high school production of
"Wizard of Oz".  She was a munchkin who was
in need of a munchkin costume.
ie: a Raggedy Ann costume in 
blue and yellow prints.

Did I mention that the play was in the fall and
her costume had to be made in October?
I'm not a great seamstress under the best
of conditions, but there was no way I could
tackle a sewing project during pumpkin patch season.

What to do?  I sent out an S.O.S and a blessed
friend responded to our emergency signal.  A friend who
refused to charge me for the costume.  So we showed
our thanks with a Pizza Hut gift card.  And if you know me,
you know that I couldn't just stick a gift card in an envelope.

So I took a gift card holder that I picked up for (maybe) $.25
after Christmas at Wal-Mart and jazzed it up a bit.
I took off the bow, covered it with some sewing themed
paper and accessories and popped in the gift card.



Hope and I wrote a little thank-you for our
seamstress and we funned up the envelope
with a picture of Munchkin Hope.


2 comments:

  1. Hello! This is Kalie from Pink Ink Doodle. You left a comment saying you'd like to have a PDF file of my You've Been Egged. I would love to send it to you, but I need your email addy. You can send it to pinkinkdoodle@gmail.com. Thanks so much! Kalie

    ReplyDelete