Thursday, January 27, 2011

$25 Dresser

I need some pretty storage in our pool room/craft room/toy room.  Right now we have tracks and trains stored in our old plastic Little Tykes toy box.  It works, but won't this dresser be pretty after I paint it and add some cool handles?  I'm a fair-weather crafter if it needs to be worked on outside, so I hope to tackle this in the spring.  I found it on Craigslist (LOVE Craigslist) and my son, Brett, and I had quite an adventure picking it up.  Think "Deliverance."  Brett took one look around and said "maybe we should go."  But I WANTED that dresser!  And we lived to tell about it.  :) 

But I can make the inside of the tired drawers look pretty inside...where it's warm...and cozy...and I can wear my slippers and sip my coffee while I work.  Above is the before and below is the after.  FUN! 


Makes me want to clean out my kitchen cupboards and put some fun paper down.  That sounds like a great idea - until I walk into my kitchen and count my cupboards.  Might be a great way to get my cabinets cleaned out though.  I hope you're having a beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. This will be SUPER cute once it's painted! Be sure to share the "after" once spring arrives and you get it done...I LOVE craigslist too!

    ReplyDelete